Friday, December 03, 2004

Criticism

I have often felt like it was worthless complaining unless you had a solution for the problem you were complaining about. I have since learned that women need to complain sometimes, without you jumping in to solve their problems. Many times they already know how to solve them, they just want to commiserate with you. Fine. It's part of marriage. Excessive complaining, however, can be destructive to a marriage, as one spouse is likely to form the idea that the other is a negative person who only focuses on the bad things, and is never happy. Even worse is the complete stranger who bitches and moans about certain things, when a) they haven't the slightest friggin' clue what they're talking about, and b) haven't the slightest friggin' clue what to do to solve the problem, even if it were a problem. I have tried not to complain, as often as I can. I mean, I'm still human, and still see problems all around, but I try not to say anything unless I can also offer something contructive in return. Otherwise, you're just bitching. And not in a good way.

No comments: