Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Too Tired to Listen

Odd how you can be fatigued by listening. And I'm not even talking about active listening, while trying to understand the deep and mystical points of the speaker. I'm talking about listening with half a brain while you do another task. As I compare the dean to Jimmy Mac, I wonder if their politics are not far apart (though Jimmy Mac is certiably insane, so that might skew the comparison a bit). But listening to the dean is moderately pleasant, at worst not UNpleasant, whereas listening to Jimmy Mac spout off about his barking moonbat theories and demonize those with whom he disagrees makes me want to shoot myself. Today he actually responded to a well-reasoned argument with, "Says YOU!" Nice. Very 2nd grade. That's when you know you've won the argument, when the opponent says something like that. And he's the teacher??

No comments: