Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Death

My wife's grandma died yesterday. Well, really she was just a very, very, very good friend of the family who had been filling the role of grandma ever since her dad died 9 years ago and his parents abandoned the family. It's a long and complicated story, but suffice it to say, she feels like her grandma died. So, we're buying her a ticket to fly down so she can go to the funeral on Saturday. It's a tough thing, but her sister is taking it much worse than she is. Grandma was old and had lots of health problems so it shouldn't have been a shock but apparently it still was for some people. As someone who never had much contact with grandma, I am sad for my wife. My strategy for helping in the grieving process is to hug and say nothing except, "I'm sorry."

No comments: