Wednesday, August 17, 2005

My first link to a left-wing site

Just so I could say, this dude is wrong. Sheehan has made herself look really bad. Public sympathy only extends so far, and an implicit belief in her "moral authority" may be part of DD's make-up, and most left-wingers' make-up (although I don't think it is, they just like to say so when the situation is in their favor), but I don't think most people are thinking, "well, I supported the Iraq war, but now I hear that someone who has lost a son in Iraq is against the war. I guess that means the time for thinking is over, and now is the time for knee-jerk emotional reaction." I'm sorry for her loss. Apparently many in her family do not agree with her. Will the left elevate their opinions to the level of Cindy's? Is their loss not the same as hers? See this QandO post for a longer version of my point.

No comments: