Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Rambling

Shining and new, like a bright copper penny.
I have really come to despise Jimmy Mac’s class. What exactly am I learning about Constitutional Law except which laws, rulings, and concepts Jimmy Mac likes or hates? Likes Douglas and Marshall, hates Scalia and Thomas, got it. Can we move on? Good hell, I’m paying for this tripe?
Terri Schiavo is everywhere, including our halls, where the debate has gotten mighty heated, and the one guy defending her gets called names, anti-religious names, by his Mormon friends. Nice.
I also have recently seen a disturbing tendency to place the presumption on the wrong side of the line. “You can have my beard when you pry it from my cold, dead face?” This qualifies for meek and humble? Apparently for some people’s misunderstanding it does.

No comments: